Tuesday 8 May 2012

Happy Mother's Day



If you have a non-traditional family like I do, Mother's Day can get quite expensive.  I have my mom, step-mom and mother-in-law to all think about.  I'm not really one to relish a breakfast in bed type of day.  My family has always enjoyed strawberry picking on Mother's Day.  Having a special tradition to look forward to every year can be really nice for the entire family.  

There are some really nice gifts you can give mom that won't take a lot of time or money to make.  Here's a few ideas:

Homemade sugar or salt body scrubs
Homemade soaps
Tea cup card with tea bag attached
Chocolate dipped strawberries
Small album with pictures and special memories written out beside them
DIY jewelry stand (tutorial)
Acrostic poem with your mom's name or use Nana, Grandma, Mommy
Help another mom in need. 

And one of my favorites!- the William Tell Overture Mom Song video

No comments:

Post a Comment